Thursday 8 November 2007

Bookmarks!

Front of the bookmarks
Back of the bookmarks

I have had a wonderful day today, apart from shopping and cooking a lovely roast chicken dinner with Birthday cake served with Haagan Das ice-cream as desert, I have spent the day playing with Alex and with crafty things! Todays crafting session has been to make two bookmarks for the swap that Lottie Middleton is organising on the CM&PC forum. The Oriental bookmark had two different shades of purple and pink put on the background in random pattern and then the Oriental writing stamped on in pale purple. This was done on both sides of the bookmark, and then around the edges gold mica powder was painted on, and the Chines coin image stamped in copper at top and bottom. On the front of the bookmark the Geisha image was embossed in black and then coloured in using mica powders, and on the back a Chinese dragon image was stamped in deep purple. The nature bookmark was completed as described yesterday. Both bookmarks will be laminated (assuming I can locate our machine which is curently missing in action and then an eyelet added at the centre of the top and ribbons attached. I am quite pleased with how well these have worked. More soon,
Love
Caro
x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - they are great Caro - so looking forward to having them in my hands.

I love all the ATC's you have received - Oriental - just up my street

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous book marks Caro. I'm heavily into these at the moment. I've collected them for ages anyway but now I can collect arty ones from my crafting buddies.

xxxxxxxxxx