Friday 21 December 2007

Crafting bonanza and NOISE!

My last day of work before Christmas was Thursday, and it wasn't an easy day. Why is it that everything has to go wrong just when you want to finish easily, early and forget about everything work related? I got there in the end but am going to have to have a major rethink about something when I go back...trying not to worry about it or think about it now.
Alex has been so LOUD over the last couple of days...he seems to have had another developmental spurt this week what with learning to go forwards and now trying to string different sounds together so alongside the very loud shouting we have had some very cute strings of noises including DaDaDaDaGagagag and squeals of joy and excitement. It is so lovely to hear him enjoying the new found vocabulary, although it isn't so great at 5am! He is also enjoying the fredom of going forwards which is causing utter chaos as he can now get into more and more things.
I have had a very busy couple of days crafting wise as I have made 4 bracelets for my family thereby finishing off the last of the Christmas presents. This first one is a chunky green design and is for my Mother to go with her necklace.
This next one is for Gran, again in green, but less chunky to go with her necklace!
This blue one is for my sister-in-law to go with her necklace.
Finally this purple one is made from beads from an old amethyst and metal necklace of my mothers that broke years ago and is for my Great Auntie Jean who will be with us for Christmas at my parents.
The other bits of crafting today have been to make 24 tags for the Christmas presents. I basically covered an A4 bit of card in red and green ink and then stamped music in red all over it before cutting it into 24 pieces, rounding the corners, stamping Happy Christmas in green and adding stickers, using my crop-a-dile to make holes and add gold ribbon. I am quite pleased with how they have all turned out...I just need to wrap all the presents now!
I also finally finished off the bookmarks, they are all laminated and had an eyelet set in one end and the threads added. I think they look great all together and I am thrilled with them. Lets hope everyone else likes them. More soon,
Love,
Caro
xx

3 comments:

Momiji said...

I love all the things you have made there..would love to learn how to make the necklaces and bracelets myself...
Alex is getting very interesting now...

Angelswings_2 said...

Loving all your beading work Caro, the bookmarks are to die for!

Anonymous said...

Lovely tags and book marks Caro - I don't know how you manage it with work and a wee one but it's great stuff.

xxxxxxxxxxx