Friday 7 March 2008

Busy but fun


The end of this week has been very busy at work still, but home life has been the greatest of fun. At work I managed to complete the three abstracts (summaries of work in progress) for the University of Sheffield School of Medicine Research Day, write a talk that I am giving next week, and run my experiment (I don't know yet if the results are any good!). So to say I have been busy is to put it mildly, but it is good. The past two evenings have been hillarious as Alex and I have played different games. Yesterday he decided that this chair was the best toy ever and spent about 15 minutes pushing and pulling it around the room, standing up and leaning against it, crawling under it and generally enjoying himself to my amusement. Today we have played with stacking bricks and knocking them down, posting things into holes, he has had another go at clapping, had some stories read to him and lots of cuddles! Wonderful stuff.

Crafting wise I have had a good couple of days as I have completed this layout of Alex and Daniel at Christmas. I just had to scrap this sequence of photos where Alex has one of his Christmas presents in his hand and then Daniel decides that he likes it and so grabs it leaving Alex upset. The words beside each picture read 'You have it; I want it; therefore its mine!'. The papers used were Bazzil cardstock and the patterned papers are from the Papercompany with stickers from Papermania.

I have also made some oriental ATCs for a swap I have joined and for Angela, who requested one in exchange for one of hers. The background of all of these was made with alcohol inks (butterscotch, wild plum and gold) swirled around to generate the effect. I have then used peel offs, brads, stamps and glitter gel pens to decorate them. I am quite pleased with how they have turned out and hope that people like them.



We are due to go to a wedding tomorrow of a friend of ours who got divorced just over a year ago after his wife ran off with another man leaving him and the three kids behind. We are thrilled that he is happy again, and so this card was made for him and his fiance. More soon, with news about the wedding.
Love,
Caro
x

P.S. Sorry about the wierd layout of this post...Blogger had a complete fit which I didn't have time to fix.

2 comments:

Angelswings_2 said...

Stunning card, and wonderful ATC's.. You amaze me with how much you fit in your day.

Anonymous said...

Love hearing of your continued projects and Alex's progress.

Great layout with the 3 pic sequence, love the expressions on the boys' faces.

Gorgeous ATCs and card - you're cramming lots into your days (and nights).

xxxxxxx