Friday 14 March 2008

The weekend starts here.

I am so glad this week is over, work doesn't get any less busy and Iam finding it hard to keep up. That said, I did manage to give a good seminar about my research on Thursday, finish writing a paper for publication, review someone elses paper and finish off a grant for submission today...not bad for two days work. I am glad that it is the weekend though and I can have a rest from the heavy thinking.
Alex hasn't been sleeping at all well and hasn't really been himself at all...he has cut another tooth on the top, which might have something to do with it, and we wonder if there are more on the way. We are trying to teach him to eat 'finger foods' something which he isn't brilliant at..he can manage sticks of bread, biscuits and dry cheerios but I am trying to persuade him that fruit is good too...success with a little cucumber (minus skin today), but it is slow going. Our playtimes over the past couple of days have been a bit more gentle than sometimes, with lots more stories, cuddles and brick tower building (and of course knocking down), and driving of cars across the floor.
I have done a mixture of crafting with another fat book page completed using the same K&Co Hydrangia background paper with sakura stardust highlights, butterfly and word stamps and a vellum butterfly attached along with a couple of embellishments. I am really enjoying making these pages.
I have also completed another scrapbook page of my brothers 30th Birthday which was last August. The background paper is K&Co and that yellow cardstock is Bazzil. I can't remember the source of the stickers or embellishments, sorry. The journalling reads 'We celebrated Andy's 30th Birthday with a weekend in Somerset which included a lunch in the garden followed by Birthday cake'.
Finally, I have made this card for my parents-in-law who moved from their house in Shropshire into rented accomodation in Worksop this week. The 'Good Luck' is to represent both the move itself and also looking for a more permanent home. The background paper is K&Co, the corner stamp is from clever cuts, the central panel is from Crafty Individuals and the words say 'life is a daring adventure or nothing'. I hope they like it. More soon,
Love,
Caro
x

2 comments:

Angelswings_2 said...

I love the card and Lo you have done, another great fat book page.

Anonymous said...

Another lovely ALEX pic.

Great page layout - you've really made progress on these.

Love the card.

xxxxxxxxxx