Wednesday 3 September 2008

What miserable weather

This weather is soo frustrating. I look out of the window in the morning and on my way to work and there is blue sky and sun, but by the time I leave work in the afternoon it is just beginning to chuck it down and I get soaked just walking from the hospital to the car. This means that poor Alex has been stuck inside in the evenings instead of being able to play in the garden with me... most frustrating. This photo was taken of him on Monday morning, before the rain started. He loves his slide, although he hasn't worked out how to climb the steps by himself yet. We had fun today and yesterday reading some of his new books, and playing chase round the sitting room, followed by scattering bricks everywhere.
He has been to nursery today and got on very well, apparently eating everything he was given. He was sat nicely on the floor with the other children while a story was read to them when I came in... I have rarely seen him sit so still, it was wonderful how absorbed he was.
I haven't done a huge amount of crafting over the past few days, although I have tried the idea of mounting some inchies onto a small card to see what it looked like. I have to say I am quite pleased with the overall effect and will definitely continue with this theme for my Christmas cards, although as I usually make 100 Christmas cards I will probably be bored of making Christmas inchies by the time I have made 300 of them! I may have a rethink towards the end of October and do something else for the remaining ones then. Let me know what you think of the design.
I have joined another swap on swapbot and was given my swap partner yesterday. She aparently likes pink and yellow in combination, which explains the colours I chose. This was a beginners flower ATC swap. Now, although I am not a beginner to ATCs I am a newbie on swapbot so this gave me the ideal opportunity to get a reputation on there. I would love to know what you think of it. More soon,
Love,
Caro
x

4 comments:

Momiji said...

love the christmas inchies card and the stamping on the flower atc...

Anonymous said...

I think your inchie card layout and design is lovely.

Love the swapbot thingy too.

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Claire said...

Love the Christmas card, I think the inchies look great but I don't envy you having to make 300!! The ATC is great too, lovely colours.

Claire

Amanda said...

Very pretty Christmas cards! And what a cute little boy! :)