Sunday 12 October 2008

What a fun weekend!

I have had a fantastic weekend! Yesterday we went to meet my brother and his family at a farm near Kettering. As Andy lives in London we thought this would be about 1/2 way for us to all meet up and give the boys a chance to play together. The farm was wonderfully set up for children and was entirely appropriate for Alex and Daniel's age group. There was a fantastic outdoor sandpit which Alex loved...
A fun swing that Daniel thought was wonderful (Alex hated it!)...
Goats and sheep to feed...
An old tractor to sit on...
Andy got to have a go at Pig herding, which was hillarious!...
a barrel ride through the yard (pulled by a quad bike)...
an indoor play area complete with castle...
and tunnel...
and lovely open walks for the boys to get some good exercise on. Alex, who is so fussy about food actually ate some macaroni cheese and a bit of sausage, which was a first. In all it was a wonderful day and we got to spend about 4 hours together which was lovely. I look forward to doing it again at some point.
Today has again been a beautiful day weather wise and Alex and I spent a lot of it outside in the garden and going to the park where he wandered around happily.
I have also been making a concerted effort to keep going with the Christmas cards using all the wonderful embossed pieces of card I have been given by Kath, Gill and Christine. So far I have been using up the snow embossed pieces and had great fun making these. The first two cards used some snowmen which had been cut for me by Christine. These next two cards used blue embossed card and images from Crafty Individuals and a scan of a Christmas card I was sent last year and window cards I was given by Kath. These cards used the cute little snowmen (from Christine) and a stamped image from Crafty Individuals kindly given to me last year by Kath. The images on these cards are by Crafty Individuals (again a kind gift from Kath). The background paper on the left hand of these two cards is K&Co, and on the righthand card was free from a magazine. I'm not sure if it is clear from the photo but the sparkly silver card has been embossed with snowflake images. These final two cards also used the snowflake embossed sparkly silver card and images from last years Christmas cards. Finally, as a change from card making, I decorated this candle with stamped images and pressed flowers. It is quite hard to get the pressed flowers to go into the wax and I singed my fingers a bit in the process, but I am quite pleased with the final result. That is all for now! Have a great week everyone.
Love,
Caro
x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Caro
Have you got Scrapbook Inspirations yet? I got a bit of a surprise!!!
Love Jenny

Angelswings_2 said...

Yet another stunning batch of christmas cards... you have been so creative!