Friday 21 November 2008

Chocolate bomb!

It really did look like a chocolate bomb went off in our house today! We gave Alex his first ever 2 finger kitkat and look what a mess he made with it...he did enjoy it though! He had to be stripped off and thoroughly cleaned afterwards, but I have to confess I found the whole thing hillarious. It is definitely something to be saved for immediately before a bath and wont happen very often, but I don't think it does any harm to have a little treat now and again. Despite his cold Alex has been in a great mood and we have had a lot of fun playing chase, building towers and playing with his cars. He loves BBCs Strictly come dancing and we danced round the living room together today to the accompaniment of giggles. However, I am still feeling really rather rough due to this cold and I can't wait to get rid of it. At least it is the weekend now and I can relax and have some fun.
Despite struggling with motivation and energy I have managed to make a couple of cards. This first one was for the Cuttlebug Challenge which was a wax resist technique so I used Alex's yellow and orange crayons to colour over the embossed background and then sponged Adirondack ginger ink on top. When I saw the effect it reminded me of the reverse of a Giraffes patterning hence the idea of using the giraffe. Unfortunately the flash seems to have bleached the photo a little.
For the next card I used the cuttlebug onto metal and then added alcohol inks using a paint brush. The original idea was to leave the raised pattern uncoloured, but the alcohol inks run too much so that didn't work at all! Instead I sprayed over the whole metal with glimmer mist and then covered the two snowmen with holographic glitter glue and used the layout from Sketch Saturday to make the card. This also fits the Papertake weekly challenge which is to make a snow themed card and the cute card thursday challenge to use snowflakes..can you see them on here?! Sorry about the glare from the flash on this card. That is all from me for now so have a great weekend everyone.
Love,
Caro
x

8 comments:

Eva said...

First of all your little one is jut too cute!!!!!! And your cards are absolutely fabulous!!!! Thank you so much for playing with us at the CBC blog! I am glad you enjoyed the technique!

Carol said...

Your little boy is so cute! You've done very well with the technique!
Thanks for joining us this week....hope to see you back :)

Hugs
Carol x

Momiji said...

remember those days well! definitely one for the scrapbook!

Annie said...

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh to first few chocolate pictures.

and wow to giraffe cuttlebug work. That is so effective and works brilliantly with giraffe image.

Ann xxx

Eveline said...

Lovely pictures.
Great cards.
Eveline.

Sharon said...

Alex really did enjoy that Kitkat didn't he!!!! Great cards Caro.

Allison said...

your card turned out fab and the colours are lovely
Thanks for joining us this week
Cuttlehugs
AllisonX

Nicole Maki said...

I just love your giraffe card. It's gorgeous and I would never have thought of using two colors of crayon. Great idea!

Your little guy is adorable.