Sunday 7 December 2008

Brrr!

It has been bitterly cold this weekend, although we have had lovely sun during the day. For once none of us are ill and we have been making the most of it by starting the Christmas preparations, the cards are all made, our Christmas letter is nearly done, the Christmas presents are under control (arrived, bought or ordered) and our tree is up! Alex and I have enjoyed two trips to the park which were great fun, if rather cold and precarious because of the ice underfoot. Alex has been on fine form this weekend amusing us no end with his new words which include telling us to switch the lights off and the word 'towel'. He even said 'puddle' while we were in the park today.
The sun was setting as we came back from the park this evening and gave us these glorious colours that I couldn't resist photographing. We are so lucky to be so close to the countryside and yet still within the city, only 10 minutes drive from work.
This evening Alex was hillarious as he decided he was hungry before I had made his tea and he let me know by producing his bib and saying 'food' several times over in a very insistant manner. This meant he got something else and then licked the spoon from my cooking..he will have the bolognase sauce tomorrow instead!
I haven't had much time for crafting this weekend, but I did manage to make the most complicated necklace I have ever made which is a Christmas present for my Mother. She requested reds and pinks in a chunky several stranded necklace to hang about collar bone height. She intends to wear it with a particular outfit and silver and garnet earings which is why there are garnets and silver beads within the necklace. I am quite pleased with how it turned out, although it was tricky to get all the strands to come together properly at the top. I would love to know what you think. I hope you all have a wonderful week.
Love,
Caro
x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can't believe how grown up Alex has become AND what a beautiful necklace - I've still not mastered those jump rings!

xxxxxxxx