Monday 22 December 2008

Only a partial success

We had our Christmas day for the three of us yesterday and it started with Alex having the worst eczema he has ever had all over his face, wrists and legs. This wasn't too bad as he was in a fairly happy mood and we had a great time opening all our presents, including his stocking presents in bed. Here he is sat on our bed surrounded by wrapping paper and toys, happily admiring his new farm and trying to extricate the tractor from the packaging.
We then went to the under 5s nativity play at church and he didn't do too badly to start off with dancing to the carols and watching all the other children. He was a shepherd this year, but didn't want to wear his hat. However, towards the end of the service he started to get very fractious and unhappy, obviously clutching his ear and being generally miserable. However, it wasn't until his lunchtime nap that we noticed a rash and decided that perhaps we had better take him to A&E. Nearly three hours later we came home having been told that it was a bad throat and ear infection, but was viral so there was nothing we can do about it other than dose him with paracetamol and ibuprofen for the pain, let him eat whatever he can manage, try and persuade him to drink and with some hydrocortisone cream for his face. Needless to say spending the afternoon in A&E was not the plan for our Christmas day, however, we did still manage to have a lovely roast dinner and watch a fun movie in the evening so at least the day ended OK.
Today Alex is still very uncomfortable and his face looks as if he is a burns victim...it is horrendous (although it doesn't show up anywhere near as bad in this photo). I keep praying that he will get better for Christmas, but I think that this year there wont be photos of a pretty little boy and he may spend much of the time unhappy which is a real shame. I hope and pray things improve.
While Alex slept this lunchtime I have managed to play with some of my new crafting goodies from Tim, namely some penny black stamps and oval nestabilities. For a change I decided to colour in the images with pencils rather than water colours and I am quite pleased with how they worked out.
I just love this cheeky cat chasing the butterflies...I haven't put a sentiment on this card yet as I haven't decided when I will use it, but it is a nice one to have in the cupboard for the future and is my entry to the cute card thursday challenge this week. I am off to my parents on Wednesday so don't know if I will have time to upload before then, if not have a great Christmas everyone.
Love,
Caro
x

3 comments:

Andrea, said...

2 gorgeous cards, I love the images, thanks for joining in the CCT challenge.
I hope your little boys excema will improve for Christmas, my youngest son also Alex had it terrible when he was a baby/toddler, especially on his face. He is nearly 10 now and still gets it on his legs and arms but luckily not on his face.

Momiji said...

hope Alex geets better for Christmas and you have a lovely time..
merry christmas to all of you x

Anonymous said...

love the two cards and catching up with what you have been up to...Caroline73