Sunday 14 December 2008

A weekend of two halves

Yesterday was fantastic as we went to see my best friend Abby and her family. We had a wonderful time and Alex loved playing with the two boys and most especially their cars! They have over 100 vehicles of all shapes and sizes and Alex was in his element. He got so attached to an ambulance that he was allowed to bring it back with him. We had the most wonderful catch up session interspersed with games with the boys, and it was one of the best days I have had in a while, especially as Alex was so well behaved and ate everything put in front of him (a first!). Sadly I don't have a photo as I left the battery for my camera behind. Today was completely different as Alex has developed a cough which meant that he didn't sleep overnight, and he has a high temperature and has been a very tired and miserable little boy all day, not really wanting to play, but not knowing what he wanted to do - poor little thing.
I have managed to do some crafting over the weekend in the form of this candle with a foxglove image. I know foxgloves are not normally blue, but this candle is for someone whose house is mostly blues and creams so pink would not work. I think it has come out OK fortunately, although the photo doesn't do it justice.
I also joined in with the cuttlebug spot challenge this week to use stars on a card...now I haven't used a star on a card for ages, so this was a challenge for me and I nearly didn't join in, but here it is. The sketch is from this weeks card positioning systems ad the large snowflake was cut and embossed using my cuttlebug. Sorry about the photo...Alex was sat on my lap at the time making it difficult to take the picture.
The challenge on daring cardmakers was to make Christmas cards that only take a few minutes to make. These three took a total of 30 minutes to make so i think that they count! I enjoyed using my new nestabilities for them, but definitely need some form of embossing mat in order to be able to emboss the diecuts as well. The images came free with a magazine last year. As usual I would love to know what you think of this little lot! Have a great week everyone... I think we may be going to the doctors tomorrow if things don't improve tonight.
Love,
Caro
x

10 comments:

Sally said...

Glad to hear that you had a lovely time at your friends Caro and that Alex was good for you and eating all his food. Sorry to hear that he isn't well today though. Hope he sleeps better tonight. The candle and cards look fantastic.

Anonymous said...

I love your CPS sketch card - that snowflake is wonderful looking! Love those santas on the other cards too.

Kathy said...

Great to know the DCM helped you with your Christmas cards! The cards all look fab, too.

Hope your Little 'Un is feeling better soon

Anonymous said...

more great cards Caro and love the foxglove candle

Pamela said...

Great work! Love the CPS card!

Charity Hassel said...

nice take on the cps sketch! hope your little man is feeling better soon!

Nilda Rockenbach said...

Thank you for participating in the challenge.. Love all your cards.. That candle is super.

Lisa Fulmer said...

very cute cards for the DCM dare - love the embossing!
http://carocrafts.blogspot.com/2008/12/weekend-of-two-halves.html

Anonymous said...

Not had time to blog hop lately. I have scanned your threads this morining though and what lovely stuff you're producing.

Hope Alex recovers quickly.

xxxxxxx

Lea L. said...

Great job on your cards! Thanks for playing at CPS this week!

~Lea