Friday 13 March 2009

Definite improvement

Alex is definitely on the mend now, so thank you to everyone who has sent him Get well wishes and cards. His appetite was back today along with his cheeky grin and constant commentary on life. Sadly I wasn't around to witness it much though as I had to go to London for work...lecturing at UCL on tumour angiogenesis. The advantage of it was that I got to see my brother for the first time since Christmas and we shared a curry at Canary Wharf where he works. It was lovely to see him and have a good catch up, albeit briefly, before I headed back across London to give my lecture.
Crafting wise I decided that I needed to jazz up my oriental writing trading cards a bit as they were essentially just a peel off mounted onto red card then added to some authentic Japenese origami paper. For these first two I added an oriental charm suspended on gold thread.
For the next two I added an Oriental coin and a gem. For the final two, which had a crane motif, I decided to make an origami crane and stick it to the cards. For these I started with paper which was 2 inches square...fiddly, but effective! Finally a friend requested that I make her a duplicate of the vintage oriental trading card I made a few weeks ago. This isn't an exact duplicate as I didn't have the same images or chipboard stickers, but it is very close and I hope that she will like it. Have a great weekend everyone.
Love,
Caro
x

3 comments:

Momiji said...

ooh yes I do like it! its really lovely as are all the other atcs you made. so glad Alex back on track for you...

Sally said...

Glad to hear Alex is feeling much better, lovely atc's caro.

hugs Sallyxx

Anonymous said...

Glad Alex is improving.

Also good that you had a meet up with your brother and got your lecture over and done with.

GREAT work - your ATCs have certainly 'grown' in style.

xxxxxxxx