Friday 27 March 2009

Phew!

Thank goodness its the weekend! I still haven't fully finalised my talk for Monday's BMS conference, but I am nearly there and am totally exhausted. This week has been manic, but at least it is over. Alex has been great fun to be with though and we have watched some television with his evening meals including 'Chuggington' which, for those of you who don't have young children, is all about trains. Alex loves it and has started trying to sing the theme song while dancing round the room which is very cute - I can't wait to catch it on video! We have been drawing, playing games of chase and generally having fun these past two evenings which is lovely, despite him giving me a stinking head cold.
I have managed a little crafting in the form of these two bookmarks for a swap I have joined in with. I will eventually put thread through the eyelets! The oriental one uses two different background cards stuck to each other and then the front has a Geisha image from Stamps Away, highlighted with sakura stardust and a small symbol stamped in silver. The back has a background symbols stamp in blue, then the small symbol stamp in silver and both sides are finished off with a silver eyelet and silver peel-offs round the edge.
The vintage one has the background of both sides brayed lightly over the brown card and edged with brown pen, a fleur de lys stamped in ginger and a dark antique eyelet. The front is quite simple as it just has the image of the lady on the stairs on it, which I love. I just hope it is detailed enough for this swap. The back has a background hand writing stamp in butterscotch, a swirl from Purple Onion in ginger and highlighted with gold pen and then finally the 'Dream a little dream' in cranberry. I hope you like these offerings and any comments are welcome as always. Have a good weekend everyone.
Love,
Caro
x

3 comments:

Momiji said...

great bookmarks..nice muted colours that I like. that calligraphy stamp is getting plenty of use ...its just right for so many backgrounds. have a nice relaxing weekend..

Anonymous said...

Beautiful book marks. I love making them because they are something people can use.

xxxxxxxx

Claire said...

I love them, they are such wonderful stamps and they way you've used them is great.

Claire