Wednesday 29 April 2009

Here we are again!

It is Wednesday and already the week is getting out of control. Work is manic as I am trying to undertake edits to the review, edit and submit another paper, write a grant and run some experiments with my masters student. Completely hectic and mad, but at least it isn't boring. Alex has been great fun to look after this week, cheeky and mischievous, but entertaining nonetheless, with only the occasional grumpy patch. This morning he had us in stitches walking round everywhere on his tip-toes, and this evening he was running round like mad giggling his head off. He still likes watching me do the Wii fit exercises, especially when I run round the island following a dog, telling me to 'run fast mummy'. This evening the weather was nice so we popped outside for a little while and he wanted to water the plants!
I have managed to do some crafting over the past couple of days in the form of this scrapbook layout following Pencil lines sketch #132. I think this is a great sketch as you can make it as simple or as complex as you want. This photo is one of my favourites of Alex and Daniel together, taken at a farm last October. I have used a complete mix of papers and cardstock - Making Memories, Penny Black, Rusty Pickle, Bazzil basics and a freebie. The stamps are from Purple Onion and Stamps Away and the tractor image is a clip art image. The title is 'Tractor fun!' and the journalling reads 'Alex and Daniel loved their time sat on the tractor, turning the steering wheel together. It was a piece of small boy heaven!'
I have also made a card for my Godsister's wedding next month. This followed the sketch from Friday Sketchers and has hand drawn stitching round two of the layers and inked edges on the other layer so it fits the cute card Thursday challenge. The middle layer is embossed with my cuttlebug hearts folder and I have used sakura star dust to highlight the veil and parts of the wedding dress. As usual I would love to know what you think of my artwork. In the meantime have a great week everyone.
Love,
Caro
x

3 comments:

Deb said...

fab layout and beautiful card! Many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge! Debx

Murielle said...

OH...Caro, your card is marvelous!!! the papers and colours are wonderful.
Your image is adorable.
You have beautifully interpreted my sketch.
Thanks for your participation FS.
Hugs, Mumur

LazyKay said...

LOL! That watering can looks ginormous! I'm surprised he can hold it.

Love that page and what a pretty card you've made.

xxxxxx