Wednesday 13 May 2009

Ouch!

Well so much for my get fit and lose weight scheme...I have inflammation of my achilles heal which has led to my right ankle completely ballooning up and being very painful to walk on. It gets better overnight, but the swelling isn't going down. I am now on anti-inflammatories to try and get rid of the swelling as apparently once that goes the pain will stop and I can start exercising again. It may take a while, but in the meantime I have been advised to get some better trainers. While I am hobbling around the place poor Alex is coughing around....we make a right pair! The poor boy has a stinking cold and nasty cough which is keeping him awake at night so we are all exhausted and he is inclined to cry if he doesn't get exactly what he wants, which makes life difficult all round. However, despite that we have had some fun in the evenings, especially playing with bubbles in his bath, a new game I invented this week to entertain him which he loved.
The only crafting I have managed so far this week is a scrapbook page following this weeks Pencil Line sketch which I have adapted slightly. The title of this page is 'Shh...Artist at work' and I have included Alex's artwork on the page. The journalling reads 'Alex had a wonderful time sitting up at the table playing with his new paints and sponges. He loved getting thoroughly messy while creating his masterpiece. April 2009'. I apologise about the quality of the photo...I am still on my old laptop which doesn't have any photo editing software and the light is rubbish tonight for photography hence the flash glare on the phot. As usual I would love to know what you think of this. Have a great rest of the week everyone.
Love,
Caro
x

4 comments:

LazyKay said...

Love how you've captured that bubble!

Great page - I like how you've incorporated the artwork.

Hope you both get well soon.

xxxxxxxx

Debsydoo said...

lots of lovely work Caro. Alex is growing up fast :0)

hugs Debs x

domestic goddess said...

gorgeous layout Caro xx

carina said...

oooh this layout is just the cutest!! love that you included his artwork on the layout!! great take on the PL sketch♥