Wednesday 17 June 2009

Mid-week update!

Alex has had a tough week so far as I was at a conference here in Sheffield for Monday and Tuesday meaning that I was late in collecting him from nursery both days. The poor boy was shattered! Sadly he has a nasty cough which means he isn’t sleeping well, which doesn’t help. Despite that he has been good fun playing with cars, helicopters, trains, planes and general run, cuddle and tickle type games…not to mention soaking me at bath-time! The other news from home is that Gran is having her operation today so please pray it is a complete success and that she is able to heal fully and come home soon. Crafting wise it has been a busy week. I have managed to finish my first ever ‘never-ending card’ which is for Tim’s anniversary card. I wanted to keep it simple and sophisticated, so I kept the same colour scheme of green (Tim’s favourite colour), white and gold throughout. The green of the base card is much nicer in real life…the photos haven’t properly captured it. This is the front of the card which has been decorated with gold peel-offs, K&Co paper and the heart stamp which was free with the CM&PC magazine. This is the next part of the card using two photos from our wedding and the start of a little poem which I adapted for us…‘God brought us together, as husband and wife’. The patterned green papers were free from last month’s CM&PC magazine. The next part of the card uses photos of us from 2004 and 2006 to celebrate our on-going relationship, and has the rest of the poem… ‘And gave each of us, a best friend for life’. The final part of the card is a photo that was taken at Christmas and the blank space at the bottom is for my personal message to Tim. This is the first time I have ever made a never ending card and it was the greatest of fun…I hope Tim likes it. I have also made some ATCs and inchies for swapping by cutting up an A5 doodle I did during the course of the conference! I would love to know what you think of these. I hope you are all having a great week.
Love,
Caro
x

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW...your never ending card is great and I am sure Tim will love it.Great atcs you have as well.
Lillypad cmpc forum

Dark Fairy said...

hi Caro, first of all love light and big hugs for your Mums op.

I love your card and the Doodle- it is very Aubrey Beardsley. I love black and white artwork. Glad to see the conference had your attention lol!!

Have a great week ahead.

love n light

Chris