Friday 11 September 2009

Holiday part 3!

Well what wonderful weather we are having, I can't quite believe all the lovely sun...it really feels like a summer holiday now. We spent the day at White Post farm near Newark yesterday where Alex loved running round and exploring, seeing the goats, pigs, wallabies, ducks, geese and llamas. He was slightly pecked by one of the ducks while feeding them grain, but it didn't put him off. He loved his ice-cream, but in the end it was getting us all in such a mess that we gave up with it! I got to feed the llamas, which was good fun and Alex got to play on a tractor and in the ball pit which he loved.
Today Alex went to nursery while I stayed at home crafting in the morning and then had a wonderful Chinese Meal out with Tim...Tim was too tired to go out today so this seemed like a good compromise. Crafting wise I made these mini book marks for a swap on Quirky Crafts..they had to include wings on them hence the dragon flies on one and the butterfly background and birds on the other. I also made a card following this weeks CPS sketch (#132) for a friend who has just given birth to a little girl. The second card followed a sketch from this weeks crafty cardmakers challenge and is for my cousin who has just had a little boy. Both cards also fit with this weeks My Time to Craft challenge which is for polka dots. I have also joined in an ATC swap with the theme of stamping only. My first attempt at this is this Greek Goddess which was embossed with clear embossing powder. I then sprayed over with Adirondack colourwash inks and ironed the image to remove the embossing, leaving the greek lady image white against the orangey background. I then added HeroArts stamps and the phrase Greek Goddess before embossing in gold around the edge. I am not sure how well this has worked and will be making some others. I would love to know what you all think.
Love,
Caro
x

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the shaped card, beautiful.

Gez Butterworth said...

Hi Caro. Nice to visit you. :-) Your creations all look lovely. Love the colour wash on your atc. Keep saying I'll give them a try.

Hope you are having a lovely weekend.
Happy crafting.
Gez.xx

Crafty Cardmakers said...

Great Card Caro! Also love your ATC :D

Thanks for joining us again at crafty cardmakers challenge x

Lesley said...

Fab card, love the shape. Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx