Sunday 11 April 2010

Blah Blah!

Now I don't mean the title of this post in a negative sense at all, it is just something Alex has started saying, or rather singing.  He can spend ages sitting playing happily singing a tune with the words 'blah, blah, blah'.  It is so funny!  I guess it is just a new word that he has discovered that he likes the sound of.  I just love this photo of him looking so serious reading the paper!
It has been a wonderful weekend of sun, so nice that it has felt like summer.  Alex and I have spent a lot of time out in the garden with me weeding and him throwing stones into water, or helping with the weeding.  In the afternoons we have been to Endcliffe park where Alex has had fun on the bouncy castle, going down the bouncy slide and playing on the playground. 
It was so nice that he wanted to try paddling, although he quickly decided it was too cold! A perfect time for a small boy
Tim has also been playing with Alex inside allowing me plenty of time for crafting.  I have made three scrapbook pages, three ATCs, and a card this weekend.  This first scrapbook page is from last August featuring my mother playing with Alex on the beach, hence the title 'Beach fun'.  I have used shells I collected on the beach on this layout so it fits with the challenge to use something natural for KLSNS. The journalling reads 'Alex enjoyed bulldozing the sand and knocking down Grandma's pebble towers while Juno chased in and out of the sea'. I guess this layout also fits with the theme of mono mania from CCT with all the browns and buffs, but I have cheated a little by adding a little blue to the edges to mimic the sea. This also fits with Sophisitcats challenge of 'raining cats and dogs' as it features my parents dog Juno having fun in the sea!
The next two scrapbook pages are both interpretations of this weeks Unscripted sketch which is really versatile.  The first page is of Alex and is entitled 'Zoom'.  All the papers, stickers & rub-ons come from the Rough and tumble collection by Fancy pants and I hand drew the title to match.  The journalling reads 'Now Alex has worked out how to sue the accelerator peddle and the forwards and backwards button, he just loves zooming round the house on Granny and Grandpa Pete's quadbike. Nov '09'. This again fits with Spoon full of sugar's challenge of 'one for the boys.
The final page is one from my childhood again loosely following unscripted sketch #50.  The background card is a sparkly Bazzil cardstock and the rest of the papers are from Cosmo Cricket.  The stickers are from Papermania.  The journalling reads 'I have very fond memories of Christmas 1985. Thirteen people to Christmas lunch, laughter and games of 'Pitt', and Archie, Harry, Andy and myself having the traditional photo by the tree'.
I experimented with Brayering again using a mixture of Adirondack and distress inks...the distress inks do not brayer any where near as well as the Adirondack ones do.  This time I was attempting to create a night sky and used my new stamps from Lavinia stamps and circa design.  I was quite pleased with the end result but would love to know what you think. 
Finally I made three ATCs for a nature swap I am holding on the cardmaking and papercraft forum this month. I sued crafty individual stamps and distress inks and then tried heat embossing over the top so this fits with the lots to do challenge....they sort of worked, but the dragonfly is probably my favourite.  These fit with the 'wings' theme for.  As usual I would love to know what you think of these.  Have a great week everyone.
Love,
Caro
x

8 comments:

Momiji said...

wow! what an amazing ammount of stuff. love the beach layout and that picture of Alex reading( I have a similar one of Bek at the same age and with that same look of concentration!)

crafty creations said...

Great atc's Crao and absolutely love your brayered card - gorgeous

Thanks for sharing with the Lotstodo Challenge xx Hilda

Unknown said...

Great work

Thanks for playing along with us at Sophisticats

Jan x

dstandard said...

Such fun pages - thanks for playing at Unscripted Sketches!

Annie said...

fabulous layouts! thanks for joining in with us at CCT this week.
hugs, annie x

Jaqi said...

Wow you have been so busy, theres loads to see here and its all fab, love your work.

LazyKay said...

Blimey - you're in overdrive - lovely layouts.

LOL at the newspaper reading - he didn't pick the winning horse then?

xxxxxxxxx

Kelly L said...

You little boy is adorable. Great story about the blah, blah song. lol :)

I really wanted to thank you for playing along in our Organic challenge at KL Stampin N Scrappin. Pretty colors in your ATC cards.