Sunday 19 September 2010

Holiday part 3!

Our holiday was really fantastic. I didn't get a chance to do my usual Friday update, but we are now safely back in Sheffield so I can share the adventures of the last few days of our holiday with you.  On Thursday we decided to go to Flamingoland for the mixture of animals and rides that it offered.  Alex is a real speed demon and loved going on the rollercoaster train with Tim (look at that grin!).
The gentle monorail round the gibbon enclosure was just as successful with the whole troup moving round beneath us.
As poor Tim was pretty exhausted we used this little train to get us round the park
And Alex and I went down the slide together - great fun, although I wasn't so keen on the tipping tug ride as I started to feel queazy - Alex and Tim enjoyed it though.
Tim and Alex also had a gentle car ride round
before Alex and I got totally soaked on one of the water rides...sadly the really big water ride wasn't working so we couldn't go on that.  Despite that one disappointment we had a good day.
On Friday we went back to Whitby, this time to go and see the Abbey as it was dry, although it was pretty windy.
It really is a spectacular building in the most amazing location
and Alex had a great time running round it and exploring it.
I am not sure that swords are really appropriate for a church building, but at least it kept him happy and amused!
We then drove down into the town in the hopes of finding a boat ride, however, the wind was so strong and the sea so rough that no boats were going out to sea, so Alex was given a brief tour of the new life boat where he was allowed to sit at the controls
before we went on the old life boat for an up-river trip.
We had wonderful views of the abbey on the way back down and even saw a seal in the marina.
While Tim had his much needed afternoon nap Alex and I went back down to see the waves on Filey beach and to do a little shopping. All in all it was a lovely last day to our holiday.
We got back to Sheffield yesterday in time for Alex and Tim to have an afternoon nap and today was spent unpacking, washing, shopping, cooking etc. ready for going back to work tomorrow. Before I go I wanted to leave you with a couple of photos of my holiday mini book that I am making with the leaflets I picked up from each day.  This is the first page which has images of our holiday cottage in the frames.  The background was made with distress inks and stamping and as it has birds flying in the sky it fits with CCT 'tweat and flutter challenge' and DCM 'flying things' challenge as well as the Simon Says stamp 'move it' challenge (the birds and boats are moving).  I hope you all have a great week.
Love,
Caro
x

5 comments:

Lynda said...

The page will be a great reminder of a fabulous holiday - thanks for sharing it with Daring Cardmakers.

Lynda xxx

Cardmaking Galore said...

You really have some great shots there! Lovely project!

Christine said...

Wow, what a wonderful trip. Great pics. Love your mini book. Those sailboats are adorable. Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge blog.
xoxo, Christine

email: Steph@SimonSaysStamp.com said...

Such amazing photos!! It looks like you and your family had a fantastic time! I like the borders around the pictures and the colors too!

Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

Sarah :)

Kim Dellow said...

I recognise Whitby in those lovely photos? I love Whitby what a wonderful place for a holiday! Hope you had a wonderful time!
Gorgeous make! Thanks for joining CCT this week. Kim