Friday 7 January 2011

Monsters!

Alex was given a magnetic drawing board for Christmas and his latest game is to draw monsters for me.  Mostly they are just scribbles that he says are monsters, but this one actually looked like one with lots of tentacle like arms and curly hair. I thought it looked quite cute and he did assure me that it was a friendly monster. We are both pleased that it is the weekend as we are still suffering from our colds/infections and are very tired after our first week back at work/nursery.
I have managed to do a little crafting over the past few days.  I finished the card I started on Wednesday.  It is a mostly white card using a cuttlebug embossing folder and mounted to show a thin layer of red round the edge so it fits with the CCCB 'all white with an accent colour' challenge. I am also entering it into the Paper play 'clean and simple' challenge.
I have also continued with my aim of trying to catch up with scrapbooking and have scrapbooked a layout of Alex dancing in the street in Scarborough.  I used up old stash with this one, punching star shapes out of old paper and hand drawing the scalloped circle on the background card, as a result this layout fits with the CCT challenge of 'using old scraps' . The title of the page is taken from this weeks Scrap it with a song and is 'Here I am (dancing)' as Alex just danced in the street with no inhibitions at all throwing his arms and legs around as if to say 'here I am' to the world around him.  Passers by watched with amusement and he had a great time which I tried to capture in this layout which follows this weeks sketch from Pencil lines.  Have a great weekend everyone.
Love,
Caro
x

9 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That's pretty, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Sasmita said...

Cute design. Those birds seem like singing a song of joy.

Nice thought.... great job!

Faye Marie said...

I love the layout!! So creative! Thanks for playing along at Scrap It With a Song!

Karen Williams said...

love the musical notes and that hand drawn scallop, marvellous. Thanks for joining us at Scrap it With a Song

Ros said...

Beautiful card ... I love the embossing and the birds ... so very elegant ... your little boy is so sweet ... thank you for playing along at CCCB

sam said...

such a fun page! thanks for joining us this week at scrap it with a song!

Unknown said...

What a pretty card. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

cnelson said...

Such gorgeous work! Thank you for joining us at CCCB!

Liz said...

Beautiful project Thanks for playing along with our plain and Simple theme at PAPERPLAY!

Liz xx