Wednesday 23 March 2011

Midweek frustrations

Have you ever had one of those days where little annoying things constantly go wrong and wind you up?  Well I am definitely having one of those weeks so far..no major problems you understand, just those little annoying things that make life that little bit more complicated, or waste what precious time I have...I spent an hour yesterday trying to get Outlook to send an e-mail when it had been working perfectly for days before...see what I mean?!  Anyway, enough moaning, at least Alex is being good fun and cheers me up.  Here he is doing an impression of a cat lying on top of the sofa!
As it is Wednesday it is time for our weekly blog hop around each others work space as part of WOYWW.  As you can see mine is a bit of a tip with a mixture of ink pads, cuttlebug plates & embossing  folders, spellbinders dies, stamps, promarkers and pretty much everything you can think of, except my tea which is hiding out of sight and spill range (I am having a clumsy week too!). In this photo I am working on one of the Mother's Day cards.
This is the completed card with cuttlebug embossing, pearls and Lavinia stamps highlighted with whispers and sakura stardust pens.  As a result this card fits with the Pollycraft 'swirls and pearls', Stamp with fun 'spring', Ooh La La and Stampin for the weekend 'Mother's day' and pile it on 'sparkle and shine' challenges.
I also made a new baby card for Tim's cousin who has just given birth to a baby boy.  This card therefore fits with the monochrome challenge from CCC (I hope there is enough blue to count), the dots theme from Meljen's challenge and the babies, buttons and bows theme from CCCB. That is all from me for now.  Have a great rest of the week.
Love,
Caro
x

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope your week picks up Caro, most frustrating to have days like that, at least Alex is cheering you up! Lovely cards, like those pretty flower stamps.

Hugs
Brenda 84

Karen said...

Those cards are gorgeous, I especially love the Mothers Day card, it is stunning.
Have a great WOYWW,
Karen #11

Delphine said...

It sure counts:-)! I love your card, Caro! Lovely image and the layout is simply beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

Ros said...

Lovely cards ... thanks so much for joining us this week at CCCB

nnalorac said...

Hi Caro, creative mess is the word your looking for my girl! Weren't we past docraft buddies!! Love your cards especially the cuttlebug one with the flower stamp, love the simplicity of it so fresh looking too, love it. Happy Wednesday. Carolxx

JoZart Designs said...

Hi Caro, Alex is as adorable as ever! I love your cards and wish I still had my Mum to make one for.
Life will level out from it's frustrations of this week so stay cool !!
Love JoZarty x

Anne said...

Sorry you are having a frustrating week Caro. Alex would cheer anyone up he is so cute. I have joined in with WOYWW for the first time this week, spotted your name so thought I would pop along and look at your desk. Hope rest of week is better. Love the Mother's Day card. Love Anne

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Such a cute baby card, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Liza said...

Two gorgeous cards, I love the blue tones on your new baby one. Thanks for joining us at CCC.

Liza x

Annie said...

Happy Thursday. I'm just doing a very quick blog dash to make sure all our WOYWW friends get the heads up on the BIG celebration draw over in our blog shop. Please excuse this copied and pasted message but it's the only way I can get round you all this week. If you check out my blog you will see what's keeping me busy :-)

Shop draw http://sisterscraftycreations.blogspot.com/

Good luck,
A x

Crystal said...

lovely creations! simple & elegant. thanks for playing along with us at PIO & hope to see you again soon! hugs!

cnelson said...

Your cards are so lovely! I hope the rest of your week goes better for you! Hugs! Thank you for playing along at CCCB!

Cheryl said...

Wonderful cards! I just love the baby feet stamp. So sweet!

Thank you for joining our “Use Dots” challenge at Meljen’s Designs.

--Cheryl--

Cauliflower Cupcake said...

Beautiful cards - and oh yes I can empathise with those frustratin annoying little things that seem to just accumulate and ruin a whole day!! Hope tomorrow is better for you!
Happy WOYWW
Rebecca (32)

Unknown said...

So very sweet!

The Crafty Elf said...

Your cards are lovely. Isn't technology wonderful....only if it's working! TFS

okienurse said...

very pretty cards! Love the picture of Alex this week! Thanks for sharing. Vickie #162

DanielleP said...

Lovely cards! The stamp on the Mother's Day card is wonderful. Thanks for the peek at you desk and hope the rest of your week goes better.
DanielleP

Wendi said...

Wow Caro what a beautiful card so simple and clean but so affective
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la
Wendi

Lynsey said...

This is such a beautiful card! Thanks for joining in the Pollycraft Challenge this week.
Hugs Lynsey x

sammi said...

Beautiful Mother's Day card, Caro. Love the softness of the image. Thanks for playing along with us in our Mother's Day/Special Friend challenge at Ooh La La.

Heidi-Mari said...

Such pretty card! I love the blue little feet on the second card!
Thank you for joining us over at Stampin for the Weekend 
Have a great week 
Heidi-Mari