Wednesday 13 April 2011

Mid-week chaos!

Well this week is turning out to be really busy both at home and at work.  I have only 5 more days at work before the Easter break as I am going to a conference for some of next week, and as a result I have a lot to try and complete by then.  At home I have been busy trying to sort out the chaos...we are getting some shelves put into our back room/garden room today so I have had to clear the relevant area of the room for the shelves to be put up. Meanwhile do you remember this? This was the state of the study that I share with Tim a few weeks ago.
In contrast here is what it looks like today...a noticable improvement.  The pile that remains are things that Tim needs to sort out and put away (I am not holding my breath!) and the cable needs to be put ontop of the book shelves.
This is an alternative view of our shared study with his and hers desks. Can you tell which is mine!  The central desk is supposed to be for things that both of us need, but in reality it is a dumping ground which is mostly used by Tim so I haven't attempted to tackle it yet...give me time and I may manage it, but Tim will have to be feeling a little stronger first.
And finally here is my actual desk, which I am showing you as part of WOYWW.  It is really quite tidy with a production line of thank you cards being made. I am somewhat behind in thanking everyone who sent Alex a birthday present and needed a quick set of cards. Most importantly you can see my hot mug of tea and the promarkers I am using to colour in the robot.
I used Robbie the Robot from the very talented Lyn as the basis of these cards.  As I think that Robbie is suitable for a teenage boy as well as little boys I am entering these cards for the crafty cardmakers Spotlight challenge as well as Fussy and Fancy's card for a child.
I have also had another attempt at this weeks Less is More challenge which is to focus on the sentiment.  My previous attempt had the sentiment tucked under a bridge which worked well for the card, but not for bringing the sentiment to the centre...hopefully this will fit with the challenge a little more. I printed the sentiment on the computer lining it up to fit around where I intended to stamp the poppies, I then stamped the poppies in versa fine ink and coloured them with promarkers. This card also fits with Fluorishes 'flowers' challenge.  That is all from me for now. Have a great rest of the week everyone.
Love,
Caro
x

P.S. Sorry I haven't visited as many blogs as usual so far this week...we have been without internet since Sunday...it will hopefully be fixed sometime today.

19 comments:

Anne said...

You are doing well with your sorting out Caro. I am slowly trying to declutter certain areas of our house.It's slow going though. I have had to take it easy this week as I had a small op on Monday morning under General Anaesthetic and was allowed home on Mon afternoon but was still feeling groggy yesterday - I think the painkillers were making me feel a bit confused.
I love that Easter basket you made. I have also been trying to finish my thankyou cards and make some Easter cards. Take care Love Anne x

April said...

You've been busy tidying again i see! Hope you're finding some time to craft aswell :o) Thanks for sharing.

sandra de said...

Love the robot card, it can be a little hard finding images for boy cards. Well done for sharing space with you DH and don't fret about not peeking around. A girl can only do so much in a week and you look pretty busy.

Annie said...

Good luck with the sorting :-)
A x

Rita said...

Beautiful card and I love that sentiment. Hugs Rita xx

Chrissie said...

That's a lovely sentiment Caro; the poppy is such a strong image, I think just one would be most poignant!
Thanks for another super submission!
Chrissie
"LIM"

Karen said...

Love those cards, especially Robbie The Robot, he is adorable! I hope you manage to get your internet problems all sorted out soon {{hugs}}
Have a lovely Wednesday,
Karen #102

Kathyk said...

Cool card and I liked the bridge card too btw

Kathyk

Jenny said...

Gorgeous card.
Jenny x

Mandi said...

Super sentiment, for me Id have just stamped one poppy
But great card
Thsnks as always
mandi
Less is More

lisa said...

Goodness, this looks like a major sort out. It's looking great.
Your robot cards are gorgeous and I approve wholeheartedly of the mug of tea, a crafter can't craft without tea!!
Hugs Lisa #81

My name is Erika. said...

I clicked on a couple of cards in the Less is More Challenge and they were both by you. Great cards...and hope you get your room all squared away...been doing that kind of "spring" cleaning lately too so I can relate to the temporary mess.

okienurse said...

Very nice card. WOW lots of stuff to go through. I dread having to go through my stuff. Thanks for sharing. Vickie #78

gillyflower said...

thanks for entering your robot card into our challenge at crafty cardmakers and hope you will come and play again soon
gill x

Aileen said...

Lovely sentiment with super poppies. x

Donna Mosley said...

Love your fun robot card Caro. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers.

Donna x

Pauline said...

A lovely sympathy card, and well done on your sorting out, not my favourite of jobs I must say!

Cauliflower Cupcake said...

That sentiment card is beautiful. You are doing well with your mammoth task of tidying up!
Rebecca (84) x

Unknown said...

gorjuss thank yous and what a transformation of your rooms

Thanks for playin with us at Crafty Cardmakers

Hugs
Judie xx