Wednesday 8 June 2011

Staycation part 2!

Well our staycation is getting better and better! Yesterday we spent a lovely sunny day at Cleethorpes playing in the sand.
Alex quickly made friends with another little boy and they spent a happy hour or so digging a deep hole
and making sandcastles.
The weather was nice enough for a paddle in the sea
and then the game was to bury Mummy!
Today we went to the National Tramways Museum where we all enjoyed the rides on the trams and the opportunity to see so many old trams up close and personal.
Alex even got the chance to stand at the controls of one. 
As is traditional for an English holiday we did get rained on, but only briefly and it didn't stop our enjoyment of the day.
As we are holidaying at home this year I am able to show you my desk as part of WOYWW, but as I have had no time for crafting it is relatively empty, just a few things that need putting away including my brayer and a couple of stamps and a ribbon. At the back of my desk you can see the lovely play it forward present I received as part of the massive 2 year anniversary swap.
Here is a close up of it. Needless to say I love it and will be finding a place on my wall to put it. Thank you so much Sunshine Girl!
As my person should have received her PIF by now I thought it would finally be safe to share it with you.
It is a pull out/slider card with the WOYWW inside.
So here is a photo of it all opened up. I am entering this card into the Stampavie 'more than a fold', MTTC 'wildlife' (bird), Creative card crew 'wings' (bird), Cupcake craft challenges 'things with a tail' (bird again!) and papertake weekly 'anything goes' challenges.  That is all from me for today.  Please pray for us that our staycation continues to go well (Tim's health isn't the best at the moment). Have a great rest of the week everyone.
Love,
Caro
x

13 comments:

Sunshine Girl said...

So glad you like the tag! Love your pif too. Hope the rest of your holiday goes well looks like you are having lots of fun.

Sarpreet said...

Gorgeous PIF sent and received, beautiful pictures, Thank you for sharing, Happy WOYWW 105, #22. (please do check out my blog candy)

Helen said...

You both look like you are having fun in the sand there! Your pif gifts are so pretty!

Lesley said...

Great card! Thanks for taking part in the MTTC challenge xx

Mrs A. said...

Your PIF received and yours given are both gorgeous creations. Glad your having a great vacation. Hugs Mrs A. #101

Nadell said...

Wonderful! Thanks for joining us at Stampavie and more.
Hugs Nadell

Donna said...

Stunning card and just perfect for our 'things with tails' challenge this week...thanks for joining in the fun with us at Cupcake :) Donna x

Pat said...

Nice vintage card, thanks for sharing at MTTC this week.

Pat xx

CLaire said...

Hello I have just come over from whats on your work desk... Do you live in Cleethorpes ??? I am Originally from Grimsby ...
love you blog x

Kathleen said...

Hi Caro, from reading your post I don't think you received my email to let you know that your Pif arrived safely?
I'm delighted with my gift and keep it safe on my work table.
Kathleen

Poppit said...

What a great woyww make! Beautiful. Thanks for joining us for this week's Cupcake Challenge. x

Sharon Caudle said...

Fabulous!! Thanks so much for joining us at Papertake Weekly and hope to see you join us again soon!
hugs, Sharon

Valérie Goldenschue said...

wonderful !!!!!!!

thanks for joining us at sam this week