Sunday 20 November 2011

Weekend at home!

Well we have been enjoying a weekend at home ready for a busy week next week.  As well as the usualy round of cooking, cleaning, shopping etc, we went to our new church this morning where Alex had a great time in Sunday school and this afternoon we went to the park where Alex had a fantastic time on the various slides.  Our main adventure was yesterday however, when Alex and I went scrambling out through the woods and up and down steep hills and cliffs,
exploring off the beaten path, jumping across streams and scrambling along beside a waterfall. 
It was the greatest of fun, epecially as we were playing that we were being chased by T-Rex and other dinosaurs and monsters from Alex's imagination.  Who says you need to spend money to have a good time.
It is challenge time again at Quirky Crafts and it was my turn to set the challenge which this time round is Clean & Simple (my favourite style!).  I was given two images and two sentiments by our sponsor, Digital Delights, to work with.  For the first of my entries I made a scrapbook layout.  I love using CAS for scrapbook pages as it really makes the photos stand out.  I used the Sketchy Thursdays sketch for this one and instead of using any patterned paper, I used a paint brush to stipple blue distress ink (broken china and faded jeans) onto parts of the card.  I then used a wave stamp (I don't know the make as I got it when I was 12!), some Pirate stickers, Presley the pirate (by Digital Delights) and You're a treasure (Digital Delights) coloured using promarkers to add a little bit of interest.  I finished it off with Alphabet stickers, and the dotted line to 'X' marks the spot. The wavy line is to symbolise the dodgy steering of my 4 year old pirate!  I am entering this LO into DCM 'water' and DYSU 'a splash of blue'.
For my second entry into the Quirky Crafts challenge I was given Bongo the Dog and the Sentiment from Digital Delights. I chose to make this very clean and simple card using nestabilities, embossed round the edges and a bit of doodling in the corners. I am entering this one into stamp, scrap & doodle 'embossing', and CCCB '4 legged friend' challenges.
Finally I made my entry for the Less is More challenge, which this week is a favourite of mine - silhouettes!  I used the free silhuoette stamp from a past edition of Craft Stamper magazine and layered it on yellow and black card.  I wish I had a scalloped rectangle or square nestability or similar, but don't so had to use my scalloped scissors (not quite as neat in the corners sadly!). I will be sending this card to my very elegant 92 year old Great Aunt.  I am also entering this card into Crazy4Challenges 'Black, white + one other', OCC 'photo challenge' and Speedy the cat's friends 'black, white + one other' challenges.  That is all from me for now.  I hope you all have a great week.
Love,
Caro
x

24 comments:

Suze Bain said...

A super silhouette card and great pics of your wee boy. xx

Barbara Colbert said...

A lovely birthday card that looks great with the black, white and another color look! Thanks for playing with Speedy the Cat's Challenge!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So cute, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Chrissie said...

Great silhouette card Caro! I'm sure your aunt will love it!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

WencheP said...

It's beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

-Wenche

Ros said...

Lovely creations ... your photos are lovely ... and your four legged friend is so adorable ... thanks for joining us this week at CCCB

Kathyk said...

I love what you've done with this C.S. free stamp

Kathyk

Cath Wilson said...

Lovely, simple LIM card x

Anonymous said...

Cute LO! I love the pirate pics! Thanks for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays :)
Melissa

Marrigje said...

Your lim card is great. Love the colours you used. The layout is beautiful.

G Peplow said...

HI Caro, Lovely pictures of your son, he looks happy:0) Lots of crafty makes here! Great card for LIM, Gay xxx

Unknown said...

Lots of cute creations here.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

Holly Barrett said...

I really like how you used the photo as great inspiration for your card. I can see several elements that you pulled together - namely the chandelier and the colors. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Our Creative Corner.

Brenda said...

Lovely cards and a great layout!! Thank you for playing along with us this week at Speedy The Cat's Friends Challenge.

cnelson said...

Fabulous work! Thank you for joining us at CCCB!

Mandi said...

Super job Caro
I always prefer to joi my chandiliers to the top of the card or matt, to ground them. A little foible of mine lol
Great to see you, your support is much appreciated

Thanks so much
mandi
LIM

Denise said...

Wonderful layout.
Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

Rika said...

Great layout, thanks for joining in with DCM.

Zuzana Obert said...

Beautiful layout! Thanks for sharing with us at DCM this week.

Zuz. x x

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

GORGEOUS photos!! And I loveeeeeeeeeeee your lo!! FUN PHOTOS!! And loving the cards! Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

Tui Nathan said...

What a fabulous take on our Inspiration picture ... I love the colours you have used and that chandelier is terrific ...
Thanks for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner!!!

Designing with Debbie said...

Great work. I love all your creations. Thanks for playing with us here at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week.

Jennifer Rzasa said...

Great projects! I really love the chandelier. So glad you could join us at Our Creative Corner!

Kasia said...

Great photos and creations! Layout is very lovely! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchy Thursdays!