Wednesday 5 September 2012

Ending in style! ( and WOYWW)

I have had another extended weekend thanks to Alex's school having two staff inset days.  This has meant that we were able to celebrate the end of the summer holidays in style.  On Saturday we went to Art in the Gardens...a big art festival in Sheffield Botanical Gardens.  It was wonderful to see so many styles of art and crafts and some wonderful creations including this amazing spiderweb sculpture that Alex thought was a chair!
On Sunday we met up with some friends at Conkers where Alex and I dared to do the barefoot walk... an amazing experience wading through peat bog, squelching through clay and over all sorts of surfaces in your bare feet...it took forever to get my feet clean again!
On Monday it was such a gorgeous day that Alex and I went over to Magna where there is a fantastic outside play area including this wonderful splash play space called Aqua Tec.  Needless to say my little man was in seventh heaven!
On Tuesday we went to Castleton and Speedwell cavern. The steps were a huge challenge but overall we had a great time...Alex loved the boat trip in the dark and being able to flash his torch around the place.
In the afternoon we went to the Bole Hills and then Alex had his first swimming lesson which he loved. All in all it was the perfect end to the summer holidays, and it is back to school and work today.
Here is my workdesk as it was at some point yesterday for my entry to WOYWW (it hasn't changed much today except that it has a few more things on it and my computer is at work!). To the left of my desk is my notepad, phone, wallet and some gold peel off stars.  At the back, just in front of my wooden tray is a box full of stamps that still need filing away, and my trusty mug (sadly nearly empty).  The open drawer is full of promarker pens, several of which are out as I have been colouring in various images for children's birthday cards. The pink pieces of card are for a project that I am currently working on which is mostly hidden by the glare from the window (sat on the craft mat).  The stamp on the acrylic block is for that project (see below).
Here is the card in question. A birthday card for one of Alex's school friends (party next weekend). The image is a Whiff of Joy stamp coloured with promarkers in various shades of pink and brown and layered on pink and brown card, hence this fits with the Less is More 'pink and brown' colour scheme this week.  I have added a gold peel off to look like a crown and turn her into a princess. Therefore I am also entering this into Pile it on 'For a princess', PTW 'anything goes' and Cupcake inspirations (pink and gold crown). That is all from me for now.  Not sure when I will get to upload this post as I am running various vivas today.  Have a great week everyone.
Love,
Caro
x

12 comments:

Krisha said...

Looks like you and your son had a good time, great pictures.

Susanne said...

Isn't it fun to have a last hurrah of summer vacation. Pretty card. S #131

Rene said...

My goodness, what an exciting day!!! And your card is the icing on the cake! Thank you so much for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations this week!
Good luck!
Rene :D

Lorianna said...

This is soooo cute!
Thanks so much for playing along with us this week for the Pile It On "For a Princess” with us!
Just loved your card,
and hope to see you back here next week!

PIO DT
Lorianna

Tina said...

very cute card, thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

Tina
sweetie dt

Chrissie said...

I'm sure Alex's friend will love this card and although the subject matter is not my cup of tea, you have coloured it beautifully!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Kathyk said...

Super card and great pix - thankx for sharing

Kathyk

JoZart Designs said...

Hi Caro
Catching up and it is a joy to see all those pics of your fabulous days out to finish off the school holidays. your card is lovely and I'm sure Alex's friend will love it.
Have a good week,
JoZarty x

Tertia said...

Sounds like you ahd a fantastic few days! Love the card.
Happy belated WOYWW!
Tertia #70

Mandi said...

Lovely colouring Caro
Sweet card
Thanks very much
mandi
"Less is More"

Chris said...

Very pretty and sweet image, make a lovely card.
thanks for playing with us at Pile It On.
PS - at the Bronx Zoo (NY)there's a children's section where there is a huge spider web, similiar to one in your post, for kids to climb on, it's lots of fun for them.

Chris said...

looks like I have to thank you again. your card is as sweet as ever and that spider web still reminds me of the Bronx Zoo. thanks for playing with us at cupcake Inspirations.