Sunday 27 January 2013

Snowballs!

We had ANOTHER 5 inches of snow overnight on Friday meaning that we couldn't go anywhere on Saturday. As a result Alex and I had a rip roaring snowball fight, with Alex challenging himself to pick up the biggest snowballs he could manage to throw at me.
Just look at that cheeky expression on his face!  Fortunately it all melted in the rain last night and so this morning he was able to go to his first ever street dance exam.  It apparently went OK, but we wont get the results for about another month.
Crafting wise I have started a scrapbook layout (I will show it when it is finished) and made this card following this weeks Less is More sketch.  I made it by using lots of masking (lines, hills & moon), layers of distress inks (pine needles, dusty concord and faded jeans), then  lots of different Lavinia stamps in versafine onyx black to make up the scene.  I am therefore entering this into CCC 'make a scene', CCT 'out of this world' (this is a fantasty scene with a dragon & fantasy style castle), All Sorts 'masculine' and DCM 'setting the scene'. That is all from me for now.  Have a great week everyone.
Love,
Caro
x

10 comments:

Kathyk said...

Lovely card and GOOD LUCK for the exam results too

Kathyk

Elaine said...

Great card - love the scene you've created and great colours!!

Wendy L said...

Lovely picture made into a lovely card, thanks for joining us at Allsorts. xxxx

Sharon (glitterangel) said...

Lovely card! Thanks for joining in with my Setting the Scene challenge over at the Daring Cardmakers x

Deb said...

wow, I love this Caro, totally love the little stamped scene!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week!
Debxx

wienerhoneymooners said...

This is so hogwarts!

I hope you do not mind me saying this. I love the scene you have made. It makes me want to go on the journey or quest as it may be!

Have a great day!

Jen Nelson said...

fab inking caro...love the scene

Thanks for Joining us this week
Jen xx
"Less Is More"

Chrissie said...

Great inking Caro, very atmospheric!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Stempelomi said...

wow...stunning scene!

Mummylade said...

great image. Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Allsorts with this lovely creation!