Tuesday 5 February 2013

More snow!

We woke up yesterday morning to a surprise fall of snow, and it kept falling all day. 
I looked like a walking snowman after the school run,
and then after school we went sleding (it was still snowing)
made an enormous snowman and had a great snowball fight
before sledging home (the wind was blowing the snow in our faces at this point).
As it is Wednesday I am showing you my desk as part of WOYWW. Propped up on the back of my desk is my ipad (put carefully out of the way to allow room for crafting) and my trusty mug of tea (almost empty now and in need of a top up). The rest of my desk is covered with the detritus left after a happy crafting session, namely scraps of various patterned papers, some rubber stamps that need cleaning and putting away, some stickers, a craft knife, some glue and pens/pencils.
Here is the double page smash book that I had been working on.  It is entitled 'Song and Dance'.  The left hand page (the song page) is about me joining a choir for the first time in over 10 years, and the dance page is about Alex's first ever street dance exam (we will get the results in a months time).  I am very much enjoying documenting something about our life from each week this year and I think that the book will be fun to look back on.  That is all from me for now.  Have a great week everyone.
Love,
Caro
x

18 comments:

Heathers Inspiration said...

Beautiful photos and scrapbooking,
Love the Layout of your pages :)
Heather # 70

Helen said...

You and Alex get to have so much fun!! Love the photos of you sleding, and your Smash pages are great. Helen, 14

sandra de said...

Your smash book is coming along beautifully and it looks like a quick way of capturing those day to day moments. Love the pic of you guys in the snow.... I cannot imagine what it would be like. Lovely to see it all through your little boys happy face.
Sandra @82

Christine said...

Hope the exam results are good. Our snow just showed itself and then disappeared which I suppose I shouldn't moan about!! Thanks for sharing your photos, I loved them.

Alison Scott said...

Lovely snow pics.
Love the song and dance pages.
Happy WOYWW
Alison
#100

ria gall said...

I love your two pages, great pictures and a fab layout.
Glad we don't have that snow as I am not a great lover of it
Happy WOYWW #192
Ria #75

Jackie said...

Great to see your still working on your smash album
Wow shocked at your snow pictures we have not had any
Jackie 11

Queenie Jeannie said...

What a fun theme for your Smash book!!! I have two...and can't seem to make a start on them, lol!!! Too many empty pages!

You can have all my snow. I'm over it already!!!!

Happy Crafting!
Jeannie #4

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Your photos make me shiver!! You can feel the cold from here :) glad the book reached you ok...have fun with it!
Hugs, LLJ 44 xx

Tamika said...

Do you think when it snows outside you get more done on the inside? I don't like the snow all that much we keep getting little non stick flurries that's all. Tamika #126

JoZart Designs said...

Hi Caro, lovely photos and what memories they will make. You are doing so well with your Smash book week to week. Yes! I am so lucky having all the space I need but I've got to admit that I would rather have the family here to fill the house.
Lots of love Jo x

okienurse said...

Awesome pictures of you and Alex in the snow. It looks like he is more then happy having all the snow about! Love the desk and projects! Thanks for sharing and for visiting my desk this week. Love getting those comments! Vickie #32

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

Thank you for your visit today, and for showing us those lovely pictures of more snow and the fun side of that. I believe we are expecting more at the end of the week. Oh well, more time to sort out my stamps. I was starting to get confused about what I had and where it was. Have a good week. xx Maggie #20

voodoo vixen said...

You certainly look like you and your little man had loads of fun in the snow! Love the smash book pages song and dance (very clever titles)!! Annette 18

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hullo there Caro,
Well , at last time to do some blog hopping!
Some lovely work going on here! just love the smash book and yes think you are right it will be great to look back on!!
Thanks so much for popping over and thanks for sharing ~ happy WOYWW! Shaz in Oz. x #61

Angela Toucan said...

great set of pages in your scrapbook

Lindsay Weirich said...

lovely busy desk! great journal layouts too! Happy belated woyww! Lindsay #118

April said...

I like the color combinations of the papers on your desk. Excellent Smash Book pages. April #133