Friday 29 March 2013

Good Friday smiles!

Well it is Good Friday today and what better way to spend part of it than in church at a children's service.  It was a short service with the message of Easter and Good Friday clearly explained and it finished with arts and crafts activities of making an Easter basket and making a cross.  Alex made this cross which I thought I would share as part of Annie's smiles.  This is such a simple idea, but so effective.
For another smile I thought I would show you a photo of Alex enjoying our street snowball fight last Saturday...he won the prize for the biggest snowball!
Finally I wanted to share this clean and simple card I made for my Mother-in-law's birthday.  The poppy stamp is from Lavinia stamps. I have used fired brick distress ink and olympia green versafine inks and added a little gem to the base of each poppy.  The background paper is from K&Co and the sentiment was printed on the computer.  I am therefore entering this into Lavinia Stamps challenge blog 'anything goes'.  That is all from me.  Have a wonderful Easter everyone.
With love & God Bless,
Caro
x

10 comments:

Annie said...

Aw do tell Alex that he has made a really lovely cross and I'm really impressed with his huge snowball. His efforts have really made me smile today so thanks for sharing it all.
Hugs,
Annie x

Carol said...

Hi Caro, yes, same hospital! I am in Doncaster and many people from here are treated at Weston Park.
Lovely post, such a simple but effective Cross, great smile on the brilliant snowball photo and I love the poppy card.
Thank you for your Friday Smile and kind comment on my blog.
Have a lovely Easter.
Carol xx

Gill Edwards said...

I like the card, that distress ink colour really stands out. I would not like to be on the end of that snowball

Happy Easter
Gill x

Angie said...

What a gorgeous card.
I so wish we had had snow like this to make a snowman or have a snow ball fight.
Thankyou for saying Sid was handsome ...I think that too. When he was younger he used to lie by me and hold my finger with his claws gently squeezing and purring.

Anne said...

I used to enjoy the children's Good Friday service with my boys when they were young. I am hoping that I will be able to go to Family Communion on Sunday. Life is a little difficult at present & doesn't always goes to plan. Happy Easter to you and your family Caro. Anne x

Unknown said...

I love the elegance of your card, and what a cheeky monkey you have there holding that huge snowball! Thanks for entering the challenge and good luck from all of us on the DT x

Tilly Tea Dance said...

Well done Alex! And that snowball is massive! x Jo

glitterandglue said...

Happy Easter to you all. I love the simplicity of that cross.
The snowball is great - well done for getting the prize!!
Have a special time with Jesus this Easter as we celebrate His death and Resurrection.
Margaret

Alison Scott said...

Well done Alex. Brilliant snowball.
Great cross crafted by him too.
Love that card. The stamp is lovely.
Happy Easter to you and yours.

MaggieC (Silvercrafter) said...

I would not want to be on the receiving end of Alex's huge snowball. We did not have that much snow this time, although we saw the remains of some large drifts up on the top of the Ridgeway above Ragley Hall when we went out to the farm shops yesterday. Well done to Alex for using his creativity to make that cross, simple but perfect. xx Maggie